A Home Security System - Glossary
Keywords: BeagleBone Black, Python, Tkinter, Raspberry Pi, RPi, Arduino, Security System, Home Automation
March 25, 2013 (Table of Contents)
- User: any one who has the capability to log in and interact or view the
- Sensor Element- an input device that detects a state change. It has an associated Activity Action to perform. E.g., magnetic window and door alarms, smoke detector, temperature.
- Control Element - an output device under the control of the
system, such as an Alarm Siren, a 120 VAC relay, HVAC, etc.
- Zone - the home is divided up into Zones. E.g., back yard 1st floor.
- Set Sensor State - set the state of a Sensor to Alarm, Alert, Ignore.
- Alarm - highest level of capabilities. Alarm Action performed
- Alert - Alert level of capabilities. Alert Action performed
- Ignore - Ingore the state of this Sensor.