Google Analytics

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dining Review - Dock Street Oyster Bar, Wilmington NC

Tuesday, 7/21/11 - dinner

We had eaten here once before, in October of 2010, prior to really starting this blog.  On that trip, we had wonderfully prepared steamed oysters, by the bucket.

We really enjoyed the paintings on the walls - literally, the walls are painted with interesting, cartoonish (I'm sure there is a better description, but I'm an engineer, and don't know much about art, although I do a damn fine job of mounting it on the wall) figures.  Most appear to be female, which suits me just fine!  This place has a good, offbeat-way about itself.  It carries over to the servers, most of which appear to be local college students.

This trip, we elected not to have the oysters.  My wife had a 'seafood brunswick stew', and a 'island pork taco'.  I tasted both, and would have enjoyed having either or both for my dinner.  I elected to have 'shrimp over grits'.  Mine was good too.

I had Yingling beer (2), while my wife had Miller draft beer.

The total tab, including tax and tip, was $46.

Website for Dock Street Oyster Bar, downtown Wilmington, NC.
TripAdvisor Review

No comments:

Post a Comment