Google Analytics

Monday, April 18, 2011

Diet - Day 1, 531 to go

April 18 2011 - Day 1! Looks like (see below) I only have 531 days to go!

Yeah! I've done it! I've reached my goal of a start date!

Think I'll go have a beef steak as a reward.

Dang.

Just 531 days to go :-(

I weighed in this morning: 261.
I want to weigh 185 when I'm done. That's a loss of 76 pounds.

Worse than I hoped, better than I feared.

I'm having my usual breakfast: Steel Cut Oatmeal, 1 serving, topped with about 1/3 cup of while dried blueberries, and about the same green dried grapes.

I also had 2 cups black coffee, and 1 can (5.5 ounces) of Spicy Hot V8 juice.

For lunch, I had a Lean Cuisine, Beef & Broccoli. It came in at about 280 calories.

For dinner, I had (thanks to my wife - I did the dishes): Baked Salmon (7 oz), Spinach (1 cup), Yellow Squash (1 cup), for a total of 500 calories.

The USDA stresses how important milk is for someone in my age bracket - says I'm supposed to drink fat free milk, 3 cups per day. I almost never drink milk, so this is a new add. That will also be 90 calories x 3, or 270 per day. I only had one today, after dinner.

My total for the day is 1273 calories. I'm a little low on the fiber stuff as well as calories, so if I get hungry, I may add another serving or two of Oats.

I'm keeping a log, and it has a lot more stuff in it, like the 'daily recommended percentages' that I compile for each food that I eat, but I think that would be too detailed for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment