Google Analytics

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Diet - a dirty word

Well, I'm going to have to go on a diet.

Yup.

I'm not sure what I weigh, but it's probably around 260 - I hope it isn't more!

I'm going to weigh myself in the morning to find out for sure, as tomorrow I'm going to start to lose weight.

I think it will probably take 1.5 to 2 years of lowered consumption intake to get my weight down.

I want to do it slow like this because:
1 - I think slow is better for my health
2 - I think it will allow me to get a better grip on portion control.
3 - It's not as scary!

I lost about 50 pounds one time in the 90s. I did it by counting every calorie. I kept reducing my food caloric intake until at the end I was only consuming 500 - 700 calories. At the end, I had a melt down and couldn't seem to quit eating stuff. It was almost like I was watching someone else start eating. It scared me, and I came off of that approach. I don't intend to go through anything that difficult again.

It may take more than 2 years - who knows! I don't really care. I just want to take the weight off and not be adding it on.

So tomorrow, Monday, April 18th, I start reducing my intake. Not sure really how I'm going to go about it yet. I've started some research, but in the meantime, I'm reducing several things:
1 - red meat
2 - alcohol
3 - cats

I just threw the 'cats' in to see if you were paying attention! Hah!

I've taken a look at some work on dieting that Alton Brown of Foodnetwork has done for himself. He's dropped about 50 pounds over the past year.

I think I probably need to drop at least 70.

Tomorrow, the weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment